a home away from home
Pozarevac, Boze Dimitrijevica 5
5 Studios, 15 Guests max
In-Home Meals *opt
Modern accommodation in the heart of the town
Hostel Aurora is located in the downtown area of Požarevac, at the roundabout in the part of the city called ”Bulevard”. Our offer includes five studio apartments accommodating up to fifteen people, studios are rentable ”per day”. Each of them has a bathroom with a shower cabin, cable TV (CATV), and free Wi-Fi.
Free of charge parking for guests is provided. There is also a bakery within hostel facility, where the traditional Balkan pastry and pies are baked. Bakery is also preparing hot meals every day, so full board, half board and B&B is available.
Twin bedroom, air conditionig, Wi-Fi, bathroom with shower cabin, wardrobe, central heating, cable TV…
Spacious apartment with baby crib included, ideal for accommodation of young couples with children, central heating, air conditionig, cable TV, Wi-Fi, bathroom with shower cabin, wardrobe…
Because of the car malfuction we were forced to sleep over in Požarevac. This accommodation was recommended to my husband by car mechanic, and we didnt regret it, warm recommendation.
Becouse of the work, my colleague and I stayed in Požarevac, and we had to find accommodation somewhere. We stayed in Hostel Aurora for six days, as it took us to finish the job. We are pleased with the cleanliness, service and accommodation.
New aparments, quiet, clean, bakery within hostel facility with delicious pastry and hot meals.
What we offer
Worth visiting while you are staying in our town
Cultural and historical heritage
- Foundation Milena’s home – Gallery of Milena Pavlović Barili is founded as a sign of respect and gratitude to Milena Pavlović Barili. By respecting the wish of her mother Danica Pavlovic, family house and art fund is bequeathed and entrusted to serbian people as Milena’s legacy.
- Treaty of Požarevac is historical event set in 1718., which placed our small town on world history map. This event represented the peak of Austrian campaign in the Balkans. Požarevac was under the Austrian rule until 1739. There was a plan that the treaty would be signed in the special bulding, bult for that occasion, but because the short notice, it was signed on the hill Sopot over the Požarevac, under a tent.
- Viminacim (lat. Viminacium) is arheological sight located 20km from Požarevac, near the vilage Stari Kostolac. This major Roman city and military camp was founded on the confluence of river Mlava to Danube, in first century BC, existed until seventh century AD. Viminacium was the capital of province called Moesia Superior, and It is belived to have had 40.000 inhabitanst.
- Golubac fortress was built in 14th century, on the south side of Danube river at the very entrance to Đerdap gorge, where the Danube is the widest. Golubac represented important medieval border fortification because of good strategical position on river Danube.
- Ram fortres was built as a first typical artillery fortification in Serbia, dating back to 15th century. It is situated on a steep slope on the right bank of the Danube. Fortres had a high stone walls and five guard towers with 36 cannon embrasures. Which speaks of the great power of the Ram fortress, for comparison Kalemegdan fortress (Belgrade) has only 22 cannon embrasures.
- Ljubičevo Equestrian Games is equestrian tournament held every september in Požarevac since 1964. Manifestation starts with a horse parade at the very town centre, and it end with equestrian and horse race tournament. The program of this event is interwined with culture and art content. On the race track visitors can enjoy harness and flat hors races, also show jumping, equestrian tournament, horse show, volting and manège.
- The Flower festival has traditionally been held for more than a decade, it gathers a larege number of exhibitors who are offering flowers, house plants, seedlings, flower arrangements, equipment for horticulture, decorative flower pots and much more. Festival is held at the beginning of May.